Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2014-09-22

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Sep 22 17:22:42 UTC 2014

======================================
#fedora-meeting-1: RELENG (2014-09-22)
======================================

Meeting started by dgilmore at 15:37:07 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-09-22/releng.2014-09-22-15.37.log.html
.

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* init process  (dgilmore, 15:37:13)

* #5931 [Proposal] Move new branch and unretire requests to pkgdb2
  (dgilmore, 15:39:54)
  * nothing new  (tyll, 15:41:53)
  * ACTION: pingou seend an email about open questions  (dgilmore,
    15:42:27)
  * ACTION: pingou seend an email about open questions  (tyll, 15:42:27)

* #5967 Enable source repo generation  (dgilmore, 15:42:45)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5967   (dgilmore,
    15:42:49)
  * ACTION: dgilmore to actually ask questions  (dgilmore, 15:43:09)

* #4071 Block pushes to origin/ in gitolite ACLs  (dgilmore, 15:43:21)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4071   (dgilmore,
    15:43:27)
  * < bochecha_> I've attached a patch that adds the hook to ansible
    (tyll, 15:44:09)
  * ACTION: bochecha_ write a script to add hook to all existing repos
    (tyll, 15:45:33)
  * there is already a script to check repos weekly  (tyll, 15:48:03)
  * /usr/local/bin/git-check-perms  (tyll, 15:49:16)
  * regex in hook needs to be adjusted to not block valid branch names
    (tyll, 15:55:00)
  * ACTION: bochecha to update the regex and provide script to do one
    off migration  (dgilmore, 15:57:00)

* #5329 RFE: Send branched report only when there is any change
  committed  (dgilmore, 15:57:08)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5329   (dgilmore,
    15:57:15)
  * buildbranched needs to be adjusted for this  (tyll, 15:57:35)
  * sending the branched reports reminds people of fixing broken deps
    (tyll, 15:59:05)
  * to implement, check the repodiff output  (tyll, 16:01:48)
  * highlighting that no changes happened or that there might be a
    freeze can be an alternative  (tyll, 16:04:53)

* #5959 Enable keep-alive connections for koji (primary and secondaries)
  (dgilmore, 16:05:35)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5959   (dgilmore,
    16:05:41)
  * < dgilmore> lets look at enabling everywhere after infra freeze is
    over tomorrow  (tyll, 16:08:46)
  * no problems noticed so far  (tyll, 16:08:53)
  * no performance tests made  (tyll, 16:09:05)

* #5963 Orphaned vulnerable packages in EPEL  (dgilmore, 16:10:23)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5963   (dgilmore,
    16:10:31)
  * ACTION: someone needs to write a script to pull info from bugzilla,
    look at package deps and do mass reporting  (dgilmore, 16:14:18)
  * for dependency checks we can use the find_unblocked_retired.py
    script  (tyll, 16:16:03)
  * there might be internal red hat scripts that might be used  (tyll,
    16:16:27)
  * ACTION: Sparks_too check which internal red hat scripts can be used
    (tyll, 16:16:52)
  * wait for dependency checks before moving on with the ticket  (tyll,
    16:19:20)

* #6000 automate creation of excludelist for koji-shadow  (dgilmore,
  16:21:52)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/6000   (dgilmore,
    16:21:57)
  * task one: get list of packages to exlucde in koji-shadow during
    nightly composes  (tyll, 16:29:53)
  * task two: check whether maintainers follow policy for excluded archs
    (tyll, 16:30:02)
  * get notified by changes for packages by analysing SRPMs or analyse
    commit with fedmsg (less precise)  (tyll, 16:30:46)
  * ACTION: dgilmore to add to buildbranched and buildrawhide making the
    lists for koji-shadow  (dgilmore, 16:30:53)

* #5886 need method for distributing urgent fixes... urgently
  (dgilmore, 16:31:29)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5886   (dgilmore,
    16:31:35)
  * < dgilmore> I guess we need to decide what exactly is wanted  (tyll,
    16:48:35)
  * < dgilmore> from my point of view something light weight and well
    understood would work best. to only be used in an  emergency  (tyll,
    16:48:43)
  * < dgilmore> I am kinda thinking that we put it under
    /pub/fedora/linux/updates/emergency/  (tyll, 16:49:24)

* Secondary Architectures updates  (dgilmore, 16:52:18)

* Secondary Architectures update - ppc  (dgilmore, 16:52:19)

* Secondary Architectures update - s390  (dgilmore, 16:56:02)

* Secondary Architectures update - ppc  (dgilmore, 17:00:51)

* Secondary Architectures update - arm  (dgilmore, 17:08:04)

* Open Floor  (dgilmore, 17:17:19)

Meeting ended at 17:22:10 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* pingou seend an email about open questions
* pingou seend an email about open questions
* dgilmore to actually ask questions
* bochecha_ write a script to add hook to all existing repos
* bochecha to update the regex and provide script to do one off
  migration
* someone needs to write a script to pull info from bugzilla, look at
  package deps and do mass reporting
* Sparks_too check which internal red hat scripts can be used
* dgilmore to add to buildbranched and buildrawhide making the lists for
  koji-shadow

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* bochecha
  * bochecha_ write a script to add hook to all existing repos
  * bochecha to update the regex and provide script to do one off
    migration
* bochecha_
  * bochecha_ write a script to add hook to all existing repos
* dgilmore
  * dgilmore to actually ask questions
  * dgilmore to add to buildbranched and buildrawhide making the lists
    for koji-shadow
* pingou
  * pingou seend an email about open questions
  * pingou seend an email about open questions
* Sparks_too
  * Sparks_too check which internal red hat scripts can be used
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * someone needs to write a script to pull info from bugzilla, look at
    package deps and do mass reporting

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------
* dgilmore (200)