How *could* we make it more easy to deliver late-breaking deliverables?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 23 11:59:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 11:13:03PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> The major problem your missing here is resources. There is less than
> two full time RCM people working on Fedora (I have "Enterprise"
> responsibilities too) and the two of us work well over a 40 hour week
> with demands across 8 architectures and what is a growing number of
> products. Less than 2 years ago in Fedora 20 (not even two releases
[...]
> Dennis and I have a good idea about where we need to be but are often
> drowning trying to get the current process done to get releases out
> while working on the weekends etc to try and implement and improve the
> new one.

Okay, so: we're overtaxed as it is and therefore unable to add more to
the pile isn't an unreasonable answer, but the reality is that the pile
is going to keep growing and we need to find a way to deal with it. Are
there specific places where more community people could plug in? Do I
need to push for more hiring? Is there something more specific than
just more bodies, because that's always a hard sell.

[...]
> I was going to answer the "what do we need" with Human Resources but I
> think it's education.

I can help with education. But, right now, the lesson people are
getting isn't, I think, the intended one. Instead, everyone is getting
frustrated on all sides.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>