RFC: Proposal for Rel-Eng project management/planning

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 27 17:02:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:48:24 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So, in one of my many discussions with Paul last week, we were talking
> about containers, how we're approaching them in Fedora, etc.  One of
> the ideas was that we should probably look at dogfooding container
> technology within Fedora itself to become more comfortable with it.

Yes. I have had this same thought.

> I know we like things to be packaged in Fedora and there is nothing
> wrong with that.  However, deploying Cantas via a container would seem
> to be an ideal thing to try as an initial dogfooding effort.  It would
> let both rel-eng and Infra get used to the technologies while also
> providing a valuable service to themselves.  What do people think of
> that idea?

I'm honestly not sure. ;)

I think it might be workable, or it might end up failing to provide all
the things we want from an application that we maintain. I'm perfectly
happy trying to find time to find out which it is, but I don't think we
should start promising anything yet.

kevin