RFC: Proposal for Rel-Eng project management/planning

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 17:02:25 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 12:48 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I know we like things to be packaged in Fedora and there is nothing
> wrong with that.  However, deploying Cantas via a container would seem
> to be an ideal thing to try as an initial dogfooding effort.  It would
> let both rel-eng and Infra get used to the technologies while also
> providing a valuable service to themselves.  What do people think of
> that idea?

Not surprisingly, I like the idea.

Not to be contrarian, but I also question how much value RPM-izing
Cantas has. Would this be akin to packaging something like WordPress,
because I've never found it easier to install & maintain WordPress via
RPM than to just grab the tarball.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst