EPEL ⊆ RHEL

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:44:46 UTC 2015

On 01/16/2015 03:14 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using the JSON output we generated from our Red Hat repos, I wrote a small
> script comparing the packages present in EPEL vs those in RHEL.
>
> Below is a list of the overlap between both. I have the script available to
> re-generate it if desired.

> 4926 packages in epel7
> 2516 packages in RHEL7
> Packages in RHEL and EPEL
> - libvncserver

libvncserver (last I knew) was included for the sole purpose of
supporting additional archs (ie, rhel7 doesn't build for ppc64)

Does your script handle cases like this?

-- rex

p.s.  I suppose arguably epel7's libvncserver should then include:
ExclusiveArch: ppc64
?
Currently it builds for all archs,