workshop for centos/fedora releng collaboration at flock?

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 2 13:58:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello, Release Engineering. I talked to KB from CentOS briefly at Red
> Hat Summit, and he's interested in working together more with Fedora.
> They have a lot of hardware resources, but like Fedora, are
> people-constrained, and it'd be nice to find areas where we can work
> togheter. He and a number of other CentOS engineers are going to come
> to Flock. Do you think it'd be useful to set aside two hours or so for
> this collaboration? There's a time-block Friday morning reserved for
> "informal hackfests", and Stephen Gallagher has already requested that
> a slot be held in case Rel Eng agrees that it'd be useful.

I'm in. I think this would be a great idea, there's definitely a lot
of release engineering concerns that the groups share and ultimately
could agree to standardize on the same tooling to solve similar
challanges. Even if we host separate infrastructures, aligning
upstream on the same build/rel-eng tooling and collaborating in that
space to develop/enhance those items is likely a win for everyone
involved.

+1

-AdamM