Questions about OSBS

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 8 20:42:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Tomas Tomecek <ttomecek at redhat.com> wrote:
> Quoting Adam Miller (2015-07-06 16:18:21)
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 2:39 AM, Tomas Tomecek <ttomecek at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Quoting Adam Miller (2015-07-02 16:46:37)
>> >
>> > We no longer use all-in-one, instead we use proper master/node setup. Therefore
>> > you can use multi-node setup very easily.
>> >
>> > As I'm thinking about it now, I can't figure out any issues with using existing
>> > OpenShift v3 deployment: all you need to have there is:
>> >
>> >  * build image
>> >  * k8s secret [5] if you want to push to pulp registry
>>
>> How would I go about setting that up? There is something I'm missing
>> here likely due to my inexperience with the system.
>
> k8s secret is an object where you can store arbitrary data and k8s will mount it
> inside container (we use it now to store client certificates for authentication
> with pulp) [10]

My apologies, I don't think I explained this very well. I'm having a
disconnect in terms of how I would go about the configuration and
deployment of OSBS to an existing OpenShift environment. Would it be
possible to have a (possibly step-by-step) guide to accomplish this?

I'm curious about things such as:
  - Does OSBS need a Project inside of OpenShift?
  - What kind of access to OpenShift does the OSBS builder need?
  - Can OSBS share an OpenShift environment with other projects/users?
  - How to configure the above

I've done some digging into atomic-reactor and I'm a fan :) ... I'm
just still trying to wrap my head around the OSBS + OpenShift
integration points though so I apologize for my ignorance on the topic
but would greatly appreciate more information in that area.

Thank you,
-AdamM