Fedora Projects Tooling Meeting

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 29 17:11:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 09:50:58PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> <http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic/backlog>
>> and which also kind of makes me want to have more granularity. But,
>> again, I dunno. That might be too much. Also that wants us to configure
>> sprints and stuff, which is a whole commitment-to-approach.
>
> Okay, so, just to see how it looks, I broke this down into four (4!)
> sub-projects in Taiga. I kind of wish the system supported Epics (see
> upstream thoughts on that <https://blog.taiga.io/epic-stories.html>),
> but it doesn't.
>
> So, it looks like this:
>
>   http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-build-sys/kanban
>   http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-test-sys/kanban
>   http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-rel-sys/kanban
>   http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-websites/kanban
>
> with each project basically corresponding to one of the big blocks from
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Two_Week_Atomic#Schematic>.
>
> What do you all think? Is this better or worse than everything in one
> project for task tracking?
>
> OR, do we want to do this entirely differently, with one "release
> engineering" project and all releng tasks for all of everything
> (whether Fedora Changes, internal projects, technical debt, etc.)?

This would be my preference but I'm not sure if everyone would agree.
On my old team we would use "tags" to define if a card belongs to a
project and just prepend it to the title of the card. So something
like "[TwoWeekAtomic] Task 1" for example, and then there would be a
project card with an explanation of the project and a list of tasks
(with links to cards associated with tasks). That would allow us to
quickly see project status and track related tasks on the board.

Just a suggestion. I'm open to alternatives though.

-AdamM