FAD Goals and deliverables

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun May 10 20:10:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, 10 May 2015 13:28:13 -0500
Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As we get closer to the FAD we need to nail down the deliverables and
> what we want to achieve by the end of the FAD.  I am going to list
> some of the things I think we need to have done. feel free to discuss
> and add things.  at the ned we will update the wiki with the
> deliverables.
>
> 1) working pungi 4.
> 2) integrated ability to make atomic installer and pxe to live in
> pungi
> 3) mash ported to createrepo_c

It would be nice if along with this, createrepo_c could be more
verbose. Right now a lot of the compose process is in createrepo
(making the repos, making the repodata, making the delta rpms). It
would be nice if it could record when it starts something and finishes
it so we could see if it's drpms or what that is taking the most time.

> 4) rawhide looking like a TC/RC
> 5) bodhi2 able to trigger atomic installer and pxe to live as part of
> the update push process.
> 6) livemedia-creator koji integration
> 7) koji able to manage the url line in kickstarts so that we can do
> real builds
> 8) run-root plugin configured
> 9) Secondary arches working exactly teh same as primary
> 10) port pungi to dnf
> 11) make headway and plan to port to python 3

Possibly also more work on staging, so that it's at the point where it
duplicates production and we can test new mash, bodhi{2}, mock, koji,
etc packages before we push them to prod.

> Before the FAD, we need to work with infrastructure and have a plan
> for the support of pagure for git repo hosting.

Yep. We hope to have a prod instance very soon.

> A big thing we must have to support being flexible in delivery going
> forward is bodhi 2.  Without it we can not deliver atomic in the way
> that atomic desires.

kevin