FAD Goals and deliverables

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon May 11 18:06:54 UTC 2015

On Monday, May 11, 2015 12:18:41 PM Adam Miller wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 1:28 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As we get closer to the FAD we need to nail down the deliverables and what
> > we want to achieve by the end of the FAD.  I am going to list some of the
> > things I think we need to have done. feel free to discuss and add things.
> >  at the ned we will update the wiki with the deliverables.
>
> +1
>
> > 1) working pungi 4.
>
> I'm curious what all this entails? I was thinking we should try to at
> least make some notes on success criteria, requirements for what
> pungi4 will bring to the table, etc. for a couple reasons 1) Just to
> have for posterity  ... 2) For newcomers looking from the outside to
> have perspective on what exactly pungi4 is and what improvements at a
> high level it will bring.
pungi-koji --target-dir=/mnt/tealc/compose/ --nightly --
config=/home/dennis/code/pungi-fedora/fedora-21.conf
None
Exception: Release: Field 'name' has invalid type: <type 'NoneType'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/pungi-koji", line 327, in <module>
    main()
  File "/bin/pungi-koji", line 172, in main
    compose_dir = pungi.compose.get_compose_dir(opts.target_dir, conf,
compose_type=compose_type, compose_label=opts.label)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pungi/compose.py", line 92, in
get_compose_dir
    ci.dump(os.path.join(work_dir, "composeinfo-base.json"))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/common.py", line 160, in
dump
    self.serialize(parser)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/composeinfo.py", line 152,
in serialize
    self.release.serialize(data["payload"])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/composeinfo.py", line 417,
in serialize
    self.validate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/common.py", line 115, in
validate
    method()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/composeinfo.py", line 359,
in _validate_name
    self._assert_type("name", list(six.string_types))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/productmd/common.py", line 82, in
_assert_type
    raise TypeError("%s: Field '%s' has invalid type: %s" %
(self.__class__.__name__, field, type(value)))
TypeError: Release: Field 'name' has invalid type: <type 'NoneType'>

is what I get currently so working for me is able to run successfully and
produce a usable compose .  it brings us being able to do parts of the compose
process on builders in koji, this means we can distribute the workload across
more machines, enabling us to parallelise the compose and dramatically speed
it up. additionally enabling us to be more visable and public about what is
going on in a compose.

> > 2) integrated ability to make atomic installer and pxe to live in pungi
> > 3) mash ported to createrepo_c
> > 4) rawhide looking like a TC/RC
> > 5) bodhi2 able to trigger atomic installer and pxe to live as part of the
> > update push process.
> > 6) livemedia-creator koji integration
> > 7) koji able to manage the url line in kickstarts so that we can do real
> > builds
> > 8) run-root plugin configured
> > 9) Secondary arches working exactly teh same as primary
> > 10) port pungi to dnf
> > 11) make headway and plan to port to python 3
> >
> > Before the FAD, we need to work with infrastructure and have a plan for
> > the
> > support of pagure for git repo hosting.
>
> Another thing I would like to do is try and sort out requirements of
> the stage koji environment so that it can be something we have at our
> disposal for the FAD in whatever capacity everyone feels it is needed
> and would be useful. There was a thread started about it in the
> Infrastructure list by nirik[0] but didn't seem to get too far, I was
> hoping mentioning it here would bring some attention to it.
Having a working stage or dev koji will be needed to let us test some pieces.
I setup a dev koji with ssl cert auth in about an hour at home yesterday.  we
will definitely need to have a working environment for testing