FAD Update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:58:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:15:35AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
[...snip...]

Here's another FAD update.  There are some requests below for
attendees, so please read on.  The FAD page is being kept up to date
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Release_Tools_and_Infrastructure_2015

== Travel ==

I think we have everyone's travel planned out, including a shared
minivan that Luke Macken kindly agreed to rent and drive.  It seats
driver + 7 people.  Someone in either Red Hat's or Fedora's rel-eng
group should be assisting with additional transportation, since we
have more than 8 people attending.

*** ACTION: Please update the wiki with your flight/travel plans.

== Goals ==

There's a separate thread[1] on this list to discuss the specific
technical goals.  Once we have consensus on that work, I'll ask AdamM
to detail them on the page, replacing the general hand-waving
placeholders.

*** ACTION: AdamM -- update wiki at the appropriate time... should be
    no less than a week before the event.

== Tracking ==

Something that occurred to me yesterday after the special
infrastructure meetup regarding kanban tools: While the output of a
FAD is important, we don't routinely track *how* we get there.

What I mean is: Whiteboards for future stuff are important to capture.
Code we write is obviously pushed to public repos.  Other information
may be captured on a wiki page.  It doesn't matter if the mundane
TODOs that only live for a couple hours at the FAD aren't retained
forever.  That's almost like "meta-meta-tracking" and gets a little
ridiculous.

So what if we used the Taiga testing[2] instance for capturing the
TODOs during the FAD as cards?  At the end, anything left over can be
turned into a trackable ticket.

One other note: For any leftover "need to do this shortly after FAD"
items, ensure there's a single accountable person, and a due date,
attached to the card/ticket.  That makes tracking easier.

Thoughts?

* * *
[1] Thank you, Dennis: <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/rel-eng/2015-May/020075.html>
[2] (or better, if indeed we get that far before the FAD)