FAD Goals and deliverables

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu May 14 19:10:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 08:31:55PM +0200, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 05/14/2015 07:45 PM, Luke Macken wrote:
> > With regard to updates, I am in favor of getting bits out asynchronously
> > as fast as possible. This means repos would hit first, then the various
> > installers/trees/images trickle out shortly after as soon as they
> > complete.
>
> Would it be possible to have drpms go out asynchronously as well, so
> that regular rpms hit the repos first and then drpms get synced out
> later when they are ready?
>
> Could be a nice speed improvement for the composes.

This would be great. I think it requires either decoupling the delta
generation from mash, or being able to run a second pass with it that
did deltas only. It might be possible with the current code, I'm not
quite sure.

RPM deltas, OSTree deltas... we may want to think about making "delta
generation" be it's own part of the process entirely.

luke