FAD Goals and deliverables

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri May 15 19:32:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015, at 03:16 PM, Colin Walters wrote:

> We're relying on the Hub to be the middleman currently, and at least
> I would like to see this come (or be available) directly from Fedora.
>
> # atomic run fedora/cockpitws
>
> works on F22 Atomic Host.

And to elaborate, the request here is for:

atomic run registry.fedoraproject.org/cockpitws

to work in addition, which requires something like OSBS -> Fedora registry.
(The hostname may vary...I'd like to see docker use SRV records, so it could
 just be fedoraproject.org)

That said, I'm just trying to kickstart a discussion - what Docker images
Fedora ships and whether we have a registry, who owns updates/testing
of the images, etc. and the huge array of detail questions are probably
not for this thread.

BTW for anyone who hasn't tried a recent version of Cockpit, I really
suggest you do...it's pretty awesome IMO.