Request for upgrades/patching to support VMWare Fusion Vagrant boxes.

Ian McLeod imcleod at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 17:29:57 UTC 2015

Folks,

I've proofed out some changes to koji and Image Factory that allow
building Vagrant boxes for VMWare Fusion/Desktop users.  Apparently,
quite a few serious Vagrant users prefer the VMWare hypervisor for speed
reasons.

I've deployed these changes on brew-test and successfully tested them.
In addition to testing the new functions I've built a vSphere OVA image.
 This is an already supported format but it uses a codepath that I've
lightly modified with these changes.  The OVA output still seems to work
just fine.  (It looks correct via inspection _and_ it successfully
imports into VMWare.)

Example image build (building all Vagrant formats and both OVA formats
in a single koji task):

http://brew-test.devel.redhat.com/brew/taskinfo?taskID=20007542

The required updates are now built in brew.  I've built the Factory
updates as "real" builds but the koji update is just a scratch build.

Builds:

imagefactory - https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/taskinfo?taskID=9811569

imagefactory-plugins -
https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/taskinfo?taskID=9811587

koji (scratch) - https://brewweb.devel.redhat.com/taskinfo?taskID=9811617

The koji build is against what I believe to be the current deployed RPM
version in prod brew.  My change is in the form of a patch applied in
the SPEC file.  I'll attach the patch here as well and will make an
effort to submit it upstream as well.

It would be great if we could get this deployed during the upcoming
change window.

Please contact me with questions or concerns.

-Ian