[Fedora Robotics] , but there was plenty of skating, and the boys were off every

Courtnage Doege tapeta at mbi.net
Thu Apr 22 17:57:26 UTC 2010

 sensible, for her pug and

I were rubbed and scrubbed within an inch of our lives, and had to go
for such long walks that I got thoroughly sick of them. A woman, whom
the
servants called Trotsey, came every morning, and took the pug and me
by our chains, and sometimes another dog or two, and took us for long
tramps in quiet
streets. That was Trotsey's business, to walk dogs, and Miss Ball got
a great many fashionable young ladies who could not exercise their
dogs, to let Trotsey have them, and they said that it made a great
difference in the health and
appearance of their pets. Trotsey got fifteen cents an hour for a
dog. Goodness, what appetites those walks gave us, and didn't we make
the dog biscuits disappear? But it was a slow

life at Miss

Ball's. We only saw her for a little while every day. She slept till
noon. After lunch she played with us for a little while
in the greenhouse, then she was off driving or visiting, and in the
evening she always had company, or went to a dance, or to the
theatre. I soon made up my mind that I'd run away. I jumped out of a
window one
fine morning, and ran hom