[Fedora Robotics] [Fedora-spins] Robotics Spin

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 16 16:56:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:32:35 -0500,
  Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de> wrote:
> Hello Spins SIG.
>
> The Fedora Robotics SIG is undertaking an effort to create a Robotics
> Spin. The main idea is to have software on a LiveDVD providing a
> ready-to-use robotic simulation environment, with a demo application to
> introduce you step by step to the available software. Additionally, we
> want to add as much robotics related software as possible, ranging from
> packages for hardware access (laser scanners, robotic arms) and robotic
> middleware frameworks, to full-blown simulation environments and
> libraries relevant for robotic applications like vision processing or
> task control.
>
> The wiki page is at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Robotics_Spin.
>
> We are currently working on the kickstart file and aim to add it within
> two weeks time. Any comments about the proposal, form, content are
> deeply welcome. We have also proposed this as a F-15 feature at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSpin.

I'll take a look at the page when I move the other ones from F14 to F15.

Were you thinking of having Fedora publish the ISO or just the ks file?
(The usage seems seems small for publishing the ISO.)

Spins SIG is a bit up in the air right now. There is supposed to be a
discussion about the future of spins at Fudcon Tempe. If any of your group
is there, look to participate in that discussion.