[Fedora Robotics] Fwd: Re: [FESCo] #540: F15Feature: Robotics Suite - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSuite

Hedayat Vatankhah hedayatv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:13:27 UTC 2011

Hi all,

/*Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de>*/ wrote on 01/12/2011 11:54:40 PM
+0350:
> On 12.01.2011 21:11, Rich Mattes wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Tim Niemueller<tim at niemueller.de>   wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fedora robotics people.
>>>
>>> Our Robotics Suite feature has been accepted. Thanks to everybody, in
>>> particular to Rich and Hedayat.
Happy to hear that :)

>>> I will setup the Fawkes demo repository tomorrow to start the demo. We
>>> should have a meeting again and discuss the next steps. What about next
>>> Tuesday, Jan 18 at 14:00 UTC?
Looks good. If possible, I would prefer Monday (or even Sunday), but I
think I can attend Tuesday too.

>>> Rich, do you know the process of getting the comps group to start
>>> tagging packages for the group? Can someone contact the arts group for
>>> icons and other artwork that is required? I'll focus on the demo then.
>>>
>>>          Tim
>>>

>> I did find out the process for adding a comps group, I will compile a
>> package list for the Robotics Suite comps group and commit it to our github
>> project.  Before we contact the art people, I think we should narrow down
>> what we want done.  So far I see that we need:
>>
>> * Logo for the Robotics Suite
>> * Banner for Robotics Suite to be used on our webpages
>> * Icons for Player utilities and Stage (I'd like these, but they're not
>> essential to the robotics suite effort)
> I think we need icons for Anaconda and stuff.
Yes, if we'd like to bring a special look we need that too :).

If the list is final, I can contact arts group.

About the comps group, apparently the only requirement was what Rich has
already done: mailing to -devel list! We could probably go ahead and add
it to rawhide's comps.xml and wait to see if anybody objects! :P
BTW, which category we want to put our group in? Applications?
Development? Or maybe a new category just for this? (Not far from the
reality since there is already a "Content" category containing a single
group (currently) named Books).
And what is the group name? Robotics? :P (just to make sure!)

>> Once we narrow this list down, I will file a ticket and follow through.  If
>> you keep your demo work on github, I will try to jump in and help you.  The
>> fedora-robotics-spin project is as good a place as any to get all of this
>> done.
> I'll setup a fawkesrobotics.org repository, makes things easier on my
> side. I have added your pubkeys earlier already so you will have full
> access there as well.
Thanks, I'll try to help as much as I can too.

Thanks,
Hedayat