[Fedora Robotics] robots-udevrules package for nbc and nxt_python, wedo and similar

Tim Niemueller tim at niemueller.de
Wed Mar 9 18:04:43 UTC 2011

On 09.03.2011 18:55, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am doing some work on nbc, nxt_python and other related projects. I
> need to decouple the udev rules from the package that drives the USB
> robot / board so we can have more than one package that drives it.
>
> nbc and nxt_python are a good example of this situation, and the first
> I'm working with.
>
> So I've prepared a tiny robots-udevrules package for this purpose, and
> I'll be requesting it be included in Fedora. I am also preparign
> revisions to the nbc and nxt_python packages that depend on it.
>
> spec, sources
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/packages/robots-udevrules/tree/?h=f14/master

As I suggested earlier, I'm strict against a catch-all robots-udevrules
package. Please create a nxt-udevrules package. The field of robots is
just too wide, in particular if you have full fledged service robots
you'll find that more often you have packages for a particular sensor
carrying the appropriate rules, and not one package for the complete robot.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de>      www.niemueller.de