[Fedora Robotics] Fedora Robotics Spin Failed to Compose

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:27:35 UTC 2011

On 11/02/2011 07:56 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>

> /*Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com>*/ wrote on Wed, 02 Nov 2011
> 19:10:57 -0400:
>> On 11/02/2011 05:57 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Rich,
>>>
>>> As of RC2, the update is pushed and Robotics Spin is being built. It
>>> would be nice if you can try it to see if it has any apparent problems:
>>>
>>> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/16.RC4/Spins/x86_64/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Hedayat
>>>

>> Awesome.  I gave it a try with qemu-kvm, it boots and runs fine,
>> minus the gnome-shell experience.  I couldn't find the "install to
>> hard drive" icon anywhere in fallback mode, is there a separate
>> package that needs to be installed for that?
> AFAIK, it is added by the scripts in .ks files. Maybe they forgot to
> add it to fallback mode too. IIRC, the .desktop files was already
> there and you should just enabled it, but I might be wrong.
It is enabled in the scripts in the .ks files.  I used the
%fedora-live-base to build off of instead of %fedora-live-desktop, which
has the necessary scripts.  I copied the scriptlets from
%fedora-live-desktop into %fedora-livedvd-robotics, and changed the
default applications to stuff like eclipse and arduino.  I'm building a
new live image to test now, once I test it i'll check with the spins
list and see if it's ok to push an update to f16 this late in the game.

Rich