[Fedora Robotics] ROS Fuerte

Simon Thompson simon at sthompson.org.uk
Wed May 30 11:13:12 UTC 2012

> Sorry. Uploaded the wrong package. ros-fuerte-1.8.7-1.fc17.src.rpm is
> what you want. Nuke that ros-fuerte-ros SRPM.

Thanks ...

> (Also, keep in mind that these packages are still a bit rough around the
> edges. I haven't done any testing outside of my F17 environment.)

Looks like it won't build on EL6 (SL) ...

DEBUG: CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (cmake_minimum_required):
DEBUG:   CMake 2.8 or higher is required.  You are running version 2.6.4

I've attached a patch to get it a bit further in mock (actually, log4cxx
isn't in epel, but I have a local build of the koji package).

The build starts but then falls over with

DEBUG: /usr/bin/cmake28 -E cmake_progress_report
/builddir/build/BUILD/fuerte-ros-base/build/CMakeFiles
DEBUG: make[2]: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/lib64/lib64/libboost_date_time-mt.so.5', needed by
`lib/librostime.so'.  Stop.

Not sure why lib64/lib64 got in there ...?

Simon