Ruby 1.9.1 (or possibly 1.9.2)

David Lutterkort lutter at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 09:29:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 17:13 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I did a blog post[2] on this subject, showing off a local build of a
> compat-ruby-1.9.1 package I've made. I'm still working on some of the
> other troubles all of that introduces, but I wanted to let you know
> where I'm thinking it could be heading towards.

Does that mean that you'd also want to change the packaging guidelines
so that rpm's installs into the vendor directories rather than site ? I
don't have a strong opinion either way, but think we should calrify
that.

Also, what's everybody's sense of how best to do the switch ? Should F13
ship with 1.9.x as the default ruby ? Do we need 1.8.x compat packages ?

David