Are test files documentation?

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 15:10:21 UTC 2010

I certainly wouldn't want to remove tests or specs from packages.
They often contain the best examples of how to use a specific gem.
Making them all into a separate package for -doc seems like it would
create a lot more packages, and I can't think of many situations where
I wouldn't want to install the primary and doc package, as gem itself
does.  You can tell gem not to install ri/rdoc but spec/test is still
there.  Marking them as %doc seems reasonable.

stahnma