tempe fudcon2011 and ruby sig

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 03:09:16 UTC 2010

  On 08/30/2010 01:34 PM, Guillermo Gómez wrote:
> This email is just to know if anyone from this SIG will be attending
> Tempe Fudcon2011, i will, so it would be nice to use FUDCon to promote
> ruby in general so i would like to start gathering info to get together
> there.
>
> Toshio proposed to me the idea of coding dojos for fudcons but this idea
> still raw.
>
> My bet is we could use fudcon to make fedora-ruby a better platform in
> all senses, maybe solve issues at the hackfests.
>
> krgds
> Guillermo

This is a great idea Guillermo. At Fudcon Toronto '09, Jeroen held a
roundtable discussion pertaining to the future of Ruby on Fedora. We did
some planning and discussed some of the things we would go on to work on
this past 1/2 year, including the parallel installable Ruby 1.9 rpms
(and resolving the path issues those entailed). These are still in
progress, but Fudcon gave us a great boost and direction on where togo.
Plus its a great networking opportunity to meet fellow Fedora  hackers.

Unfortunately I won't be attending Fudcon Tempe 2011, but I'd be
interested in hearing if you guys get a Fedora / Ruby hackfest going.

   -Mo