rails 3.0.x in F15

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Dec 21 03:15:53 UTC 2010

  On 12/20/2010 08:37 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 18.12.2010 02:48, Mohammed Morsi napsal(a):
>> Also the following are new gems which will need to be packaged
>>
>> * arel  (1.0.1)
> I have prepared arel package here:
> http://people.redhat.com/vondruch/rubygem-arel.spec
> http://people.redhat.com/vondruch/rubygem-arel-2.0.6-1.fc14.src.rpm
>
> But I did not submitted it for review yet, because:
>
> 1) It does not pass its own test suite (nevertheless the problem is
> already fixed in upstream).
> 2) It is higher version than the one mentioned here, however, the arel
> 2.x should be backward compatible and much more performant.

If issues have been fixed in the upstream codebase but have not made
their way into the released tarball / gem, feel free to add them as
patches in the RPM spec with a comment containing a link to the relevant
upstream commit / bug.

Also as you mentioned even if it a later version, so long as its
compatible we should be fine. I simply installed all these package via
'gem' and originally came up with this gem list a couple months back, so
some of the gems could have gone through several versions since then (as
it seems is the case w/ arel).

    -Mo