¿packaging redmine?

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:23:04 UTC 2010

Hi there ruby fedorians

¿On the packaging front of ruby/rails apps, where are we standing?

afaik gems are being packaged but im not 100% happy with the results,
documentation is one those missing parts (even if the original rdocs are
bad), by example just yesterday:

yum install ruby-ncurses

i missed right away my gem server with ruby-ncurses rdoc documentation
so i removed the rpm and the installed using gem command.

I would like to start on packaging main ruby/rails apps like redmine but
before that i would like to know more experienced people to advice me
(YOU ;) )

in parallel i would suggest we use a redmine to track our issues, sounds
good? well we already have one in latam region for latam rpmdev group,
if everybody agree we could use it.

http://rpmdev.proyectofedora.org/projects (ruby sig project can be
created, im the manager of the site)

kregards