Ruby 1.8.7 RPM RC1

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 01:37:47 UTC 2010

For those who don't know, the Fedora 14 feature submission deadline is
one week from today, Tuesday July 13th

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/14/Schedule

I think it would be great if we can add Ruby 1.8.7 to that feature list,
and I believe we are pretty much there with the latest ruby rpm

http://mo.morsi.org/files/rpms/ruby-1.8.7.299-2.fc13.src.rpm

This latest rpm addresses all the outstanding issues so far, including
various small macro related cleanups, the readdition of the upstream
ext/tk codebase, and the removal of .tk.old (courtesy of Jim).

If there is anything I missed please shout out, else please test your
software against it extensively so that we can push it to rawhide and
add the updated Ruby to the F14 feature list before next week. To
provide the lowest barrier to test Fedora / Ruby 1.8.7, I also threw
together a virtual appliance with everything (Ruby 1.8.7 and Rails
2.3.8) all setup to go (simply launch the appliance, checkout your code
on it, and test away). It can be downloaded here

http://projects.morsi.org/polisher/appliances/fedora-ruby-187.tgz

Also, once again, if you just need the updated rails rpms to test
against as well, you can find those here

http://mo.morsi.org/blog/node/322

   -Mo