Building 1.9.1 on CentOS 5.5

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jun 13 11:17:29 UTC 2010

Robin Bowes wrote:
> On 08/06/10 15:55, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Robin Bowes wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just tried to rebuild ruby-1.9.1.378-16.el5.fr191.src.rpm on CentOS
> >> 5.5 and get this error:
> >>
> >> + autoconf
> >> configure.in:4: error: Autoconf version 2.60 or higher is required
> >> configure.in:4: the top level
> >> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 63
> >> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.92052 (%build)
> >>
> >> Note that this is the el5 package.
> >>
> >> Can that requirement be relaxed, ie. will it work with autoconf-2.59-12
> >> that is available on RHEL/CentOS 5.5 ?
> >>

> > Do you really need to build ruby 1.9.1 yourself? We have it available in a
> > repository where we'll be putting different ruby related packages as well.
>
> Jeroen,
>
> I found that list rather over-whelming, ie. there are a *lot* of subdirs
> in there, not all related to RHEL/CentOS.
>
> Are there any docs explaining what each repo contains, and which ones I
> should be using ?

Nothing online yet, but I can work on that. For ruby-1.9.1 for el5, you're
looking at the feature-el5-ruby-1.9.1 repository, possibly including the
feature-el5-ruby-1.9.1-updates variant.

I haven't really been able to set up the complete infrastructure yet (GPG
signing, updates management, dist-cvs/dist-git), but I'm working on it.

-- Jeroen