Fwd: Re: ruby 1.8.7.x for rawhide

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Thu Jun 24 21:10:58 UTC 2010

Mohammed Morsi wrote:
>> Minor suggestions:
>>
>>    - don't add two trailing blanks via ruby-1.8.7-lib-paths.patch
>>      You can remove just those two via e.g.,
>>
>>        perl -pi -e 's/(.) $/$1/' ruby-1.8.7-lib-paths.patch
>>

> Actually only one of these whitespace changes is in this patch, the
> other one is in the always-use-i386 patch. Regardless, thanks for the
> catch, both have been fixed.

Oh yeah, I did have to adjust two patches back when
I first fixed those.

>>    - remove unused: %global sitedir2 %{ruby_sitelib}
>
> I had originally removed sitedir and sitedir2, but Mamoru asked me to

I now see that sitedir is also unused.  Thanks for mentioning that.
Hence it can go too.  Not urgent, of course.
AFAIK, if %{foo} is never used in the spec file (modulo %{... expression
syntax), then there is no point in defining the corresponding %global.