ruby version

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri May 14 11:21:29 UTC 2010

Hello, Frédéric
(ccing also to ruby-sig)

Frédéric Logier wrote, at 05/14/2010 07:54 PM +9:00:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fedora 12 and I'm very afraid to see that Fedora 13 will have
> always an oldest ruby 1.8.6 version.
> Is it possible to package with a ruby 1.8.7 version ? Because there is
> many recent gems that require 1.8.7.
>
> Thanks, Frédéric Logier.

As Fedora 13 is to be released within 2 weeks, it is impossible at this
stage to upgrade ruby to 1.8.7.x for Fedora 13.

Currently the leading maintainer of ruby on Fedora, Jeroen van Meeuwen
has some plan to support multiple version of ruby on Fedora 14. If you
are interested in co-maintaining ruby on Fedora or have some idea
for ruby on Fedora, we would appreciate it if you join ruby-sig mailing list: