Towards a Fedora Ruby appserver

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Thu Oct 28 13:33:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm not a heavy ruby user (I don't use it on my F13 workstation, I use
it on CentOS for puppet) but my view is that, as standard, Fedora should
ship a single ruby version - preferably a recent one. I would imagine
that most ruby end-users simply don't need multiple versions

However, it should be possible to install rvm if required, and the rvm
packaging should either work in parallel with the system ruby, or should
obsolete it and work seamlessly.

R,
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/