Distributing Rails 3 apps

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 12:41:37 UTC 2011

On 08/05/2011 02:13 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Option 3 is my favorite. I am doing so in many packaged gems, which
> relays on Bundler for the test suite execution.

I knew there is somebody with the knowledge HOW to do it! Cool.

Please point me somewhere I could read more about it. Or just some
examples would be enough. I have no clue how to get rid of it.

I can catch you on Monday to see it live if you prefer to.

> Second best possibility is to maintain separate Gemfile.lock for each
> Fedora version (i.e. Gemfile.lock.f14, Gemfile.lock.f15). The
> appropriate one would be chosen by

Yeah but how to generate them? I mean one-time generation is not big
deal, but hand editing it when we change deps is not feasible. We would
need to setup dedicated boxes just for that...

Thanks for interesting points!

--
Later,
   Lukas "lzap" Zapletal