Ruby 1.9.3 testing repository

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 16:06:23 UTC 2011

Dne 19.12.2011 16:51, Darryl L. Pierce napsal(a):
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 04:40:46PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>> How will Ruby 1.8 be handled? Will we keep a ruby-1.8 package around?
>> No, sorry, I don't plan it. There is no reason except nostalgia. You
>> can use JRuby if you really need.
> I was thinking that, similarly to how Python 2.6 and 2.7 were handled,
> we could have a compatibility RPM for people who depend on 1.8, such as
> myself for my downstream projects.

May be you should provide more details for what reason you cannot use
Ruby 1.9.3 to help me understand. And believe me, we went through more
than 320 packages in Fedora to make sure they are at least buildable
with Ruby 1.9.3, if they had properly executed test suited, there is
also high chance that these packages will work. There is less then 15
packages from the total amount which are still troubling us but these
packages are typically obsolete anyway (take sdljava as an example).

Vit