Ruby 1.9.3 testing repository

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 06:51:41 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

There is a remote possibility (and I put the stress on "remote") that a software collection with Ruby 1.8.7 and a subset of Rubygems will go into Fedora 17 (see [1] for information on software collections). However, maintaining software collections is a huge overhead and we should focus on the new stuff more - like getting newest versions into Rawhide and encourage everyone to use them (and actually use them ourselves). Ruby 1.8.7 will be reaching EOL in year and half [2] and only a half of year from that is normal maintenance, so it's time to move on.

[1] http://baseos.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com/Stack/ISVDeveloperGuide
[2] http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/2094567

Regards,
Bohuslav.