rails 3 is in rawhide

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Feb 9 08:17:31 UTC 2011

Hello, Mohammed:

Mohammed Morsi wrote, at 02/08/2011 02:11 AM +9:00:
>    I am pleased to announce that the last packages required for Rails 3
> support in Fedora have been pushed to rawhide and successfully built in
> anticipation of the Fedora 15 release. Rails 3.0.3 is a major upgrade
> from 2.3.8 which brings some API incompatibilities as a trade off for
> many new features. Rails 3 has been submitted and accepted as a feature
> for Fedora 15.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Rails_3.0.3
>
> Many many thanks goes to Fedora contributors Vit Ondruch and Minnikhanov
> for all of their hard work packaging gems and reviewing packages. I look
> forward to continuing to work with them and seeing their contributions
> in the future.
>
>     -Mo

Thank you and many ruby folks for updating rails to 3.0.3 on rawhide.

By the way, 3.0.4 was released *yesterday* !! Would you want to update
rawhide (F-15) rails to this version?

* Note
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/Schedule says branching
   F-15 branch from rawhide was expected to happen yesterday, however
   it didn't actually happen yet. Maybe rails 3.0.4 can be imported before
   branching takes place? (If branching occured before we can import
   rails 3.0.4, we can still consider to submit updates requests on
   bodhi for F-15)
Thank you and many ruby folks for updating rails to 3.0.3 on rawhide.

By the way, 3.0.4 was released *yesterday* !! Would you want to update
rawhide (F-15) rails to this version?

* Note
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/Schedule says branching
   F-15 branch from rawhide was expected to happen yesterday, however
   it didn't actually happen yet. Maybe rails 3.0.4 can be imported before
   branching takes place? (If branching occured before we can import
   rails 3.0.4, we can still consider to submit updates requests on
   bodhi for F-15)

Regards,
Mamoru