rails 3 is in rawhide

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 18:54:05 UTC 2011

  On 02/09/2011 03:17 AM, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Hello, Mohammed:
>
> Mohammed Morsi wrote, at 02/08/2011 02:11 AM +9:00:
>>     I am pleased to announce that the last packages required for Rails 3
>> support in Fedora have been pushed to rawhide and successfully built in
>> anticipation of the Fedora 15 release. Rails 3.0.3 is a major upgrade
>> from 2.3.8 which brings some API incompatibilities as a trade off for
>> many new features. Rails 3 has been submitted and accepted as a feature
>> for Fedora 15.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Rails_3.0.3
>>
>> Many many thanks goes to Fedora contributors Vit Ondruch and Minnikhanov
>> for all of their hard work packaging gems and reviewing packages. I look
>> forward to continuing to work with them and seeing their contributions
>> in the future.
>>
>>      -Mo
> Thank you and many ruby folks for updating rails to 3.0.3 on rawhide.
>
> By the way, 3.0.4 was released *yesterday* !! Would you want to update
> rawhide (F-15) rails to this version?
>
> * Note
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15/Schedule says branching
>     F-15 branch from rawhide was expected to happen yesterday, however
>     it didn't actually happen yet. Maybe rails 3.0.4 can be imported before
>     branching takes place? (If branching occured before we can import
>     rails 3.0.4, we can still consider to submit updates requests on
>     bodhi for F-15)
> Thank you and many ruby folks for updating rails to 3.0.3 on rawhide.

No problem. In my opinion, since the branch is due at any point, I would
rather just wait until after it takes place and then submit 3.0.4 as a
F15 update via bodhi. Don't want to get caught in a situation where we
push activesupport 3.0.4 and the branch occurs before we push the
updates to the other packages, or something like that.

   -Mo