Rails 3.0.3 RPMs for F15

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 07:58:58 UTC 2011

  On 01/12/2011 11:29 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Are we really going to replace Rails 2.x with Rails 3.0.x or should they
> live side by side? Your specs shows the later and I am also fan of the
> later. However, I am not sure everybody else will be happy with this
> step. Was it discussed before? Sorry, I am not following Fedora Rails
> development that long :/

Yea, we went back and forth on this a few times and I believe the
general consensus was to do the update.

> Dne 11.1.2011 19:11, Mohammed Morsi napsal(a):
>>     The Rails 3.0.3 RPMs for Fedora are just about ready to go. Please
>> look at and review the Specs and SRPMs below:
>>
>> Rails:
>> http://mo.morsi.org/files/rpms/rubygem-rails-3.0.3-1.fc14.src.rpm
>> http://mo.morsi.org/files/rpms/rubygem-rails.spec
>>
> There are missing dependency on railties and bundler, where there is
> enforced reference to rake which should not be necessary according to
> rails gemspec: https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v3.0.3/rails.gemspec
>

> https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/v3.0.3/rails.gemspec

Good catch on these, I probably already had them installed when I was
building these rpms. I'll add them to a revised set of rpms which I'll
send out soon. I also noticed a missing activemodel dependency for
activeresource (which isn't a big deal since activemodel 3.0.3 has been
submitted to Fedora) as well as a rack ~> 1.2.1 dependency for
actionpack. The latter is a little more concerning as the current Rack
version in Fedora is 1.1.0 and if Rails 3 doesn't play well with this
(we can try patching rails itself) we may have to update that as well.

   -Mo