Test runs by itself, fails when run with everything...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 21:23:11 UTC 2011

I have a unit test that is failing to run under Rake when it runs with
all unit tests. But if I run it by itself using either "rake test
TEST=path/to/file" or else run it with ruby using "ruby path/to/file" it
passes every time.

The failure is caused by the setup method not being invoked before each
test, but only for that one class. The setup method in other classes run
fine, and in this class as well when it runs by itself.

Any suggestions or ideas for what to look at?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/