FUDCon:Milan 2011 - Ruby SIG meeting
vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 11:43:32 UTC 2011
I'd like to bring to your attention that there was proposed by Ruby SIG
meeting as part of FUDCon Milan . I would like to take this meeting
as change to discuss Ruby future in Fedora. Here are few point I'd like
* Ruby 1.9.3 for F17. I have already pre-prepared feature page  for
this and I am working towards packaging Ruby 1.9.3. However, there are
several issues including
- How to correctly name and version subpackages such as RubyGems,
RDoc, Rake, IRB
- How to maintain updates of them late.
- Directory structure.
* Support of gems for MRI and JRuby.
- Is it possible to share RubyGems?
- Is it possible to share gems?
* Support of multiple versions of gems on single installation, e.g.
Rails 2 vs Rails 3.
* Refresh of Ruby Packaging Guidelines
- They do not always follow best practices
- They will need to be updated because of Ruby 1.9.3
* gem2rpm future and possible extensions
This is list is not exhaustive, so please feel free to add few more
points, which you think might be interesting to discuss.
More information about the ruby-sig