New Ruby packaging guidelines progress

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 15:49:34 UTC 2012

On 04/02/2012 09:39 AM, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> [...]

Yes I'm also a fan of virtual provides. Though according to the FPC, our
case for them wasn't strong enough to allow us to keep them in the
guidelines.

That being said It sounds like slimgems might be that strong case we
were looking for. As Bohuslav mentioned, I would bring this up w/ the
packaging committee (the new guidelines are still open, the vote to
adopt them didn't happen at the last meeting). If we can keep hammering
on them, showing that the Fedora/Ruby community would like to continue
making using of virtual provides, then perhaps they will have a change
of heart.

  -Mo