rubygem-rack-mount build failure

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Apr 9 17:21:05 UTC 2012

In the process of rebuilding lots of gems for EL6, I've run across a a
couple areas where gems' test suites fail because of changes in Ruby's
hash ordering algorithms. I was able to apply upstream patches to fix
these issues in rubygem-activesupport and rubygem-activerecord. These
bugs are tricky to catch, because sometimes the test suite works, and
other times a bad test fails.

I've come across a FTBFS issue with rubygem-rack-mount on F16, and I'm
wondering if it could also be related to the hash ordering. These two
koji scratch builds fail:

I'm a Ruby newbie, so I'd appreciate another pair of eyes on these
build failures.

- Ken