[GSoC] What would you like to see in IsItFedoraRuby.com?

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:09:56 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 06:07 PM, Zuhao wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> IsItFedoraRuby.com is an idea proposed in this year's Google Summer of
> Code. The website will be mainly used for tracking the progress of the
> conversion of each gem (similar to isitruby19.com
> <http://isitruby19.com>), promoting the Fedora/Ruby integration, as
> well as highlighting some success stories. Hopefully, this website
> will let more people to be aware of the project, and thus more would
> contribute to make it better.
>
> I have drafted a proposal with some preliminary design of the website.
> I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions from you. As a
> developer, what do you want to see on this website so that it can be
> most helpful to the Fedora/Ruby community?
>
> The proposal is at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_2012/Student_Application_Zuhao/IsItFedoraRuby
>
> Any feedback is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zuhao

Hey Zuhao, thanks for the submission. the proposal looks very strong,
and the mockups look great.

I encourage anyone else who may have any additional ideas as how to
promote Ruby on Fedora and/or develop additional tooling to streamline
the Ruby to Fedora process to respond here and/or on the proposal
itself. Furthermore if anyone would like to join me in co-mentoring the
project, by all means just add yourself to the wiki, and we can flush
out specific functionality as we go along.

  -Mo