[GSoC] What would you like to see in IsItFedoraRuby.com?

Wan Zuhao wanzuhao at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:46:08 UTC 2012

I do agree that it's very likely to miss out information such as patches and bug fixes applied if we rely on gem versions solely.

Maybe we can compare the timestamp of the built rpm to that of the gem commits? Then we can roughly tell by the time the rpm was built, which patches have already been applied. Apparently this method can't be 100% accurate. I'm trying to figure out some other more reliable way, but I'm still kinda new to the Fedora dev community, so it will probably take some time for me to get a better grip on these. I'll have to dig deeper to see exactly what information is available.

By the way, could you please give some examples of such gem/rpm?

Thanks,

Zuhao