[GSoC] What would you like to see in IsItFedoraRuby.com?

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 06:42:02 UTC 2012

This sounds like a good feature to add to the site. It could simply be
accomplished by listing the gems available for every Fedora version +
rawhide along w/ their versions and other metadata.

This metadata can include a list of patches applied to the gem (as well
as direct access to their contents if we wanted). We can extract this
information directly from the (s)rpm itself.

Going forward, if we start standardizing on patch names, it might make
it easier to automate parsing patch information from the srpm. I always
try naming patches %{gemname}-%{version}-%{some general subject/description}

We will look at producing some mockups for this feature and implementing
them as part of the GSoC (keep those suggestions coming!)

BTW as a related side note, I'm looking for a co-mentor for this
project. The person will not have to do anything except for have their
name appear on the list as a formality to the GSoC process. If you're
interested please ping me on or off list (asap please as the final
project evaluation deadline is in a few days)

Appreciate it,
  -Mo