Ruby / Fedora GSoC

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 12:35:34 UTC 2012

Hey all I wanted to introduce and congratulate Zuhao who'se project
proposal [1] to expand the tooling around Fedora / Ruby integration as
well as the community promotional effort was accepted as part of the
Google Summer of Code!

I'm starting to working with Zuhao to implement the strategies he
outlined in his proposal. We're going to start by setting up a repo on
github w/ the basic rails project layout and starting to add features
from there. We aim to keep the process very rapid and agile, adding
things as needed until we have a solid feature set flushed out and ready
to deploy.

We'll figure out the hosting and domain requirements from there, if need
be I'll just register the domain myself and we can host it on
fedorapeople or one of my personal hosting solutions until we have
something more permanent (I have a linode and hostmonster accounts which
we can leverage for this as well as my own personal server running at home).

I'd also like to keep the process as open to the ruby-sig as possible.
Going forward if you have any more suggestions (including an alternative
name, isitfedoraruby could be improved upon) or would like to contribute
features / patches that you would like to see implemented yourself, by
all means shout out here or via IRC.

Should be a great summer of ruby! :-)

  -Mo

[1]