Ruby 2.0

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 19:17:20 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I have pushed into the ruby-2.0 branch of Fedora's Ruby repository [1]
updated ,spec file for Ruby 2.0.

Currently it targets rev38184 which is slightly newer than rev 38126,
the officially released ruby-2.0.0-preview2 [2] (official release
announcement [3]). Nevertheless, if you uncomment line 10 of the .spec
file, you can test it against preview2 just fine.

I did also Koji scratch build [4], so grab it quickly, prior it is
garbage-collected.

Please note that 2.0 is ABI incompatible with 1.9.3, so although I kept
ruby(abi) at 1.9.1 for the moment, your binary gems need rebuild!

Vít

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ruby.git/tree/?id=ruby-2.0
[2] http://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/2.0/ruby-2.0.0-preview2.tar.gz
[3] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/50443