Logos and Mission Statement for the Ruby-SIG

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 00:55:43 UTC 2012

On 11/30/2012 11:51 AM, Mark Klein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Mark Klein, a 14 year old high school student from Honolulu, Hawaii.
>
> I'm participating in the Google Code-In contest for 2012 and for my
> task, I designed two logos and wrote a mission statement for the
> Fedora/Ruby SIG.
>
> Here's the link to the two logos:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/work/download/google/gci2012/8007231?id=2001
> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/work/download/google/gci2012/8007231?id=3001

I'll throw my hat in for #2.

By a vote of 7 to 2 the first logo wins.

Also a bit of good news, I confirmed with Mark that he did _not_ use the
official Ruby logo, rather a clipart image of a ruby licensed under the
public domain here [1].

I will still need to make small adjustments to conform to the Fedora
Logo guidelines and will still run it by the logo team before uploading.

Thanks to everyone who voted!
  -Mo

[1] http://openclipart.org/detail/17660/ruby-by-karthikeyan