New project: Dirby

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:27:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 03:02:34PM +0100, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 19.12.2012 14:56, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> >I'm the current maintainer for the rubygem-wirble package.
> >Unfortunately, it seems that wirble has been abandoned by the
> >developers. So I've forked the code and named it Dirby [1]. I'm inviting
> >anybody who's interested to join me in getting it fixed up and working
> >better for Ruby 1.9, as well as to enhance the codebase.
> >
> >[1]https://github.com/mcpierce/Dirby
>
> Did you contact originals developers? Can you simply take over
> rubygem-wirble and develop it under its original name?
>
> #justasking

I had tried contacting him (Paul Duncan) a long time back and never got
a response from him. Since that makes things a little murky IMO for just
taking over the codebase. So I figure it's easier to just start a new
project and incorporate some of the better features they had in Wirble
and continue our own way.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
http://mcpierce.multiply.com/