[Fedora-packaging] New packaging guidelines for Ruby

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 16:13:16 UTC 2012

Dne 28.2.2012 16:59, Rex Dieter napsal(a):
> On 02/28/2012 09:29 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>
>> Pleas do not be mistaken. We are not speaking about building gems from
>> sources.
>
> OK, so... is there some other better way to do it then?  Please do
> suggest any better alternative if you do.

Better way is not doing it. Only in exceptional cases. And the case
happened just once as far as I know (and I did rebuild of all gems in
Fedora, so I should know).

This was the original guidelines proposal [1] which builds upon
experiences with previous guidelines and extend/fixed them where it was
appropriate. I found it very sensitive, where mandatory gem rebuild is
definitely not.

Vit

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=PackagingDrafts/Ruby&oldid=270494#Applying_Patches