Rails 3.2 in Fedora 18

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 10:43:59 UTC 2012

So, the Rails 3.2 Feature has been approved on last fesco meeting. Me and Vit have already started working on the first packages that need to be created before actually updating the Rails packages.
On the feature page [1], you can find a list of what has to be updated and packaged for the Rails 3.2 stack. If you'd like to help, feel free to assign yourself by writing your name to the table in [2] and don't forget to update the status of your task.
Also, some updates and rebuilds (to run the tests with updated versions) of the dependent packages will be needed. Find them in [3]. I'd like to ask all of you to update/rebuild your packages when the updated dependencies are built.
One minor issue: rubygem-scruffy claims that it needs bundler < 3, but Rails 3.2 need bundler > 3. So it will either have to be patched (at least the gemspec) to work with new bundler or deprecated. There have been no new versions of scruffy for more than one year. Scruffy is owned by mmorsi, so Mo, could you please have a look at it?

Thanks,
Slavek.