Ruby and Fedora 17

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Jul 16 07:25:52 UTC 2012

Bohuslav,

On Jul 16 05:39:29 UTC 2012 Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> On 2012-07-15 15:23, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> > Bohuslav,
> >

> > On 2012-06-19 20:44, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> since Ruby/Fedora integration had some significant changes from
> F16
> >> to F17, I thought it might be a good idea to write a summary of
> new
> >> features and send it out for all - see [1].
> >>
> >> All comments and suggestions for further development are welcome.
> >

> > On a Fedora 17 x86_64 install:
> >
> >   gem list
> >
> > shows:
> >
> >   actionmailer (3.2.6)
> >   . .
> >
> > but:
> >
> >   updateb
> >   locate gem | grep actionmailer
> >
> > show nothing?
> >
> > What gives?
>
> Hi Phil,
> I can't find a way to reproduce the issue. I tried installing the gem
> both with "gem install" and "sudo gem install" and both locations are
> found with "locate gem | grep actionmailer".
> Could you please provide more specific info:
> - How did you install the gem? (with or without sudo)
> - Was the installation successful?
> - Is the actionmailer-3.2.6 directory located under
> "/usr/local/share/gems/gems" or
> "/home/<yourusername>/.gem/ruby/1.9.1/gems"?

I think I found this after I had done:

   yum install rubygems

- would that allow "gem list" to show "actionmailer" ?

I have since reinstalled all my old gems on this virtual machine which
is operating OK so further testing isn't much help but I could try and
reproduce the problem on another (fresh) virtual machine?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades